DISH Fires Up Its News and Political Programming With Glenn Beck's TheBlaze
NEW YORK, NY and ENGLEWOOD, CO -- (Marketwire) -- 09/12/12 --
- Beck's 24-hour News, Information and Entertainment Network Extends To Television Starting with DISH on Sept. 12 at 5 p.m. EDT on channel 212
- TheBlaze Continues its Rapid Growth -- Original Content Grew the Network into One of the World's Most Subscribed-to Online Streaming Networks in Just One Year
- Network has Attracted Some of the Best Up-and-coming Talent in News and Opinion Programming with Will Cain, SE Cupp, Lu Hanessian, Amy Holmes, Raj Nair, Brian Sack, Buck Sexton and Andrew Wilkow
TheBlaze Inc. and DISH Network, LLC announced today that TheBlaze, Glenn Beck's online 24-hour news, information and entertainment network will now be available on television starting, at launch, exclusively on DISH.
TheBlaze joins DISH's selection of news and commentary programming representing all points on the political spectrum, including MSNBC, BBC America, CNN, Current, Comedy Central and FOX News.
The online network launched a year ago today as GBTV and quickly grew into one of the world's largest online streaming networks. TheBlaze will be available to DISH viewers on channel 212 as part of DISH's America's Top 250 package or a la carte for $5 a month. The channel launches today at 5 p.m. EDT and customers can order a la carte starting tomorrow. TheBlaze will be available as a free preview for all DISH customers through Sept. 26.
TheBlaze will continue to be available direct to consumers through its online subscription platform as TheBlaze TV on TheBlaze.com and various Internet-connected devices.
"After being phenomenally successful with his online streaming network, we're pleased to host Glenn Beck's return to broadcast TV, especially during this exciting and important political season," said DISH CEO and President Joseph Clayton. "With Glenn's return, DISH is truly the one stop for news, opinion and perspective across the full political spectrum."
Beck said: "TheBlaze has helped revolutionize television over the Internet and now we are excited to bring the revolution back to traditional television. TheBlaze will be home to news, information and entertainment programming with the facts and stories people care about most and we look forward to kicking things off with DISH."
Christopher Balfe, CEO of TheBlaze said: "At launch, our goal was to deliver TV over the Internet, not Internet TV. Twelve months later, we've succeeded beyond our wildest imagination with content that built one of the world's largest subscription streaming networks. We are pleased to have attracted the attention of a world-class television distribution partner like DISH. We are excited to continue to grow TheBlaze."
Glenn Beck's TheBlaze is a news, information and entertainment network dedicated to delivering high quality programming 24 hours a day, seven days a week led by Beck's daily TV show.
TheBlaze will continue to grow its slate of shows which already includes an opinion show hosted by Andrew Wilkow, the reality show Independence USA, the kid's show Liberty TreeHouse, the news show Real News, and the comedy news show The B.S. of A. TheBlaze has attracted some of the best up and coming talent in news, information and opinion programming like Will Cain, S.E. Cupp, Lu Hanessian, Amy Holmes, Raj Nair, Brian Sack, Buck Sexton and Andrew Wilkow.
The Network's web site at TheBlaze.com finished August with its best ever month hosting over 9 million unique visitors. The site will continue to include a mix of free original reporting, curated content and opinion pieces.
Led by Balfe, TheBlaze's executive team brings years of experience from leadership level positions in television and media.
- Joel Cheatwood, President & Chief Content Officer of TheBlaze, was a Senior Vice President at FoxNews and CNN and oversees programming.
- Lynne Costantini, former EVP of Affiliate Sales and Marketing at Scripps Networks Interactive and SVP of Programming at Time Warner Cable, Inc. leads the distribution strategy for TheBlaze in a consulting capacity. Costantini negotiated TheBlaze's relationship with DISH and will do the same with other distributors.
- Kraig Kitchin, President & Chief Revenue Officer, co-founded Premiere Radio Networks -- the top radio network in the country and the distributor of Glenn's radio show. He will continue to grow the network's strong advertising base and deep relationships with advertisers.
- Betsy Morgan, President & Chief Strategy Officer, was CEO of The Huffington Post and a Senior Vice President at CBS News and oversees strategy for the network.
- Carolyn Polke, President & Chief Operating Officer of TheBlaze, will continue to spearhead the network's rapid growth in digital media.
DISH Network Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH), through its subsidiary DISH Network L.L.C., provides approximately 14.061 million satellite TV customers, as of June 30, 2012, with the highest quality programming and technology with the most choices at the best value, including HD Free for Life. Subscribers enjoy the largest high definition line-up with more than 200 national HD channels, the most international channels, and award-winning HD and DVR technology. DISH Network Corporation's subsidiary, Blockbuster L.L.C., delivers family entertainment to millions of customers around the world. DISH Network Corporation is a Fortune 200 company. Visit www.dish.com.
Glenn Beck's TheBlaze is a news, information & entertainment network dedicated to delivering high quality programming 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The exclusive provider of Glenn's daily television broadcast, TheBlaze also offers a full slate of thought provoking news and opinion shows like Real News and Wilkow, late night comedy like BS of A, family-friendly programming like Independence USA and Liberty Treehouse, provocative documentaries and other original specials covering a myriad of entertaining and enlightening topics. TheBlaze, which receives 9 million unique online visitors per month, is the only network where you can find the facts and stories you care about most. TheBlaze - Truth Lives Here.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Public Strategies for DISH
Hiltzik Strategies for TheBlaze
Source: DISH Network Corp
News Provided by Acquire Media